It's fairly simple to block a number on your iPhone if that number is already saved as a contact. When you block a contact, you stop receiving phone calls, messages, or FaceTime invitations from the number you blocked.
How Do I Block A Contact?
There are two ways to block a contact on your iPhone:
Block A Contact In The Phone App
- Open the Phone app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the Contacts icon. You'll know your in the Contacts tab when the icon turns blue.
- Tap the contact you wish to block.
- Use your finger to scroll down and tap Block this Caller.
Block A Contact In The Settings App
- Open the Settings app.
- Use your finger to scroll down and tap Phone.
- Tap Call Blocking & Identification.
- Tap Block Contact…
- Scroll or search for the name of the contact you want to block, then tap the contact to add them to your list of blocked contacts.