One of the new features Apple introduced with iOS 11 was the ability to turn off your iPhone from the Settings app.
Why Should I Turn Off My iPhone In The Settings App?
If your iPhone power button is broken, jammed, or just simply not working, you have the ability to turn off your iPhone from the Settings app. Previously, you would have had to set up AssistiveTouch, which creates a virtual Home button.
How Do I Turn Off My iPhone In The Settings App?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom and tap Shut Down.
- Once you do, the red power icon and the phrase “slide to power off” will appear on your iPhone's display.
- Slide the red power icon from left to right to turn off your iPhone in the Settings app.
- Downloading iOS 11 is a prerequisite for completing this step. If your iPhone is running iOS 10, and the power button isn't working, check out our step Turn Off Your iPhone Using AssistiveTouch.
- If your power button is broken, you can turn your iPhone back on by connecting it to a power source using a Lightning cable, which is more commonly known as a charging cable.